EMDK Barcode Sample app won't deploy to TC55 running Android 4.1.2

// Expert user has replied.
S Steve Pound 3 years 5 months ago
0 1 0

EMDK defaults 'Minimum Android version to target' to Android 4.4 (API 19). My brand new TC55 is running Android 4.1.2 (API 16). I'm using Visual Studio 2015 with Xamarin. If I change the Min version to target to 4.1.2 (so the deploy option becomes available,) the Barcode Sample app compiles but I get a deployment failure [INSTALL_FAILED_MISSING_SHARED_LIBRARY]. So I tried 'Install Device Runtime' on the EMDK menu but that just flashes two cmd windows and nothing else happens. Am I wrong to change min version to target, and if so, how do I get Android 4.4 onto the device? 

Please Register or Login to post a reply

1 Replies

P Pietro Francesco Maggi

Hi Steve,
starting from the fact that our EMDK for Xamarin does not support Android v4.1.x Jelly Bean devices at this moment (See EMDK's Release notes), the error you are getting is because your device OS does not includes the EMDK runtime that needs to be installed as documented:Configuring A Device - Zebra Technologies Techdocs

Just check that you've adb setup correctly to talk with your device... have you installed the latest USB device drivers?

As a general rule of thumb you can always plan to update the devices to the latest EMDK runtime.

Said that, if you've a maintenance contract on your TC55 you can update it to Android v4.4.3 KitKat:

GMS (Standard)
Non-GMS (Professional) without the Google Mobile Services (no Google Play, no Google Maps, etc)

Best regards
~Pietro

CONTACT
Can’t find what you’re looking for?