Trying to get ssl connection working on TC8000

// Expert user has replied.
B Brian Safran 3 years 5 months ago
41 2 0

I am trying to get an SSL connection working on TC8000. I was given both a .pfx and .cer certificates from their windows mobile implementation.
Do bot the .pfx and .cer need to be installed through security on Android settings screen?
I have no issue installing the .pfx but .cer doesn't install.

THanks.

Please Register or Login to post a reply

2 Replies

B Brian Safran

Thanks. We think we got the certificate installed properly (see it in User tab under Trusted Credentials). I could install both the .p12 or .pfx certificates into Android through security setting. Unfortunately, we cannot get an SSL connection to Wavelink Telnet server to authenticate.

The certificate works without issue on MC92N0 WM and MC32N0 CE..

P Pietro Francesco Maggi

Hi Brian,
TC8000 Integrator Guide has some notes on how to install security certificates on the device (chapter 7).

As a general rule, for Android devices, being based on the linux kernel, does not know how to handle .cer files.
Looking on internet you can find some guidelines depending on the format of the certificates you have:

Android supports DER-encoded X.509 certificates, saved in files with a .crt file extension (if your certificate file has a .cer, .der, or other extension, you must change it to .crt or you won’t be able to install it).

Android also supports X.509 certificates saved in PKCS#12 key store files with a .p12 extension (if your key store has a .pfx or other extension, you much change it to .p12 or you won’t be able to install it). When you install a certificate from a PKCS#12 key store, Android also installs any accompanying private key or certificate authority certificates contained in the key store.

CONTACT
Can’t find what you’re looking for?