TC70 application to detect the scan is complete

// Expert user has replied.
R Royce Meyer 3 years 5 months ago
27 1 0

I'm not sure how to word it better. It's quite simple though.

I have an EditText field in my Xamarin (C#) Android app. I need to scan a barcode (a QR code actually) and have the app know when the TC70 is finished scanning so it can parse the data from the scan.

If I were using a simple handheld scanner like an LS2208, that indicator would be the fact that it 'presses' the Enter button at the end of the scan. I just need some kind of event that I can use to tell when the scan is complete so I can take that text without the user having to make an additional action.

It's probably something simple, but my inability to explain it simply hampers my google-fu in this case. I apologize if it's answered somewhere easy to find.

Please Register or Login to post a reply

1 Replies

P Pietro Francesco Maggi

Hi Royce,
You can add a character to the data that are send by DataWedge using the Basic Data Formatting options available.

However, my suggestion is to use DataWedge intent interface to receive the data as a standard Android intent.

In both cases you can integrate our Xamarin EMDK and use the Profile Manager to setup automatically Datawedge when you launch your app. You can find more info in our tutorials:
Your First EMDK For Xamarin Application - Zebra Technologies Techdocs

Best regards
~pietro

CONTACT
Can’t find what you’re looking for?