TC8000 Simulscan "auto capture” does not recognize the Alpha numeric character

M Michael Richardson 3 years 5 months ago
2 1 0

Steps taken by Zebra partner:
Device Details:

Make: Zebra
Model: TC8000
S/N: 16117521400086
OCR software: SimulScanDemo (loaded on the device – Zebra Software)

Steps taken for OCR testing:

1. Created a user profile on the Zebra Simulscan Template Builder Website - https://simulscan.zebra.com/Account/Login?ReturnUrl=%2f#
2. Here I followed the steps as per the template builder manual to create an OCR Template 1x image loaded into the template to be recognized (see attached Manuals)        
3. I have successfully created the Template inside the Template builder APP with the images uploaded and also exported the file to my local PC as a *.xml file to then be uploaded on the Devices storage.
4. Once the export file was uploaded on the Device I then opened copied the file to location as per SimulScan Demo App manual - //simulscan/template/
5. I have opened the scanner simulscan app and and selected “My Template” and open the file I saved on the device
6. There after I try to capture my image using the “auto capture” function but it does not recognize the Alpha numeric character

Any help or advice would be appreciated

Please Register or Login to post a reply

1 Replies

E Efkan YILMAZ

Mike,

Looking at the image of the characters, I don't think there is sufficient contrast between foreground and background for the OCR to work. Have you been able to OCR these characters using any other software running on our devices ?

Best Regards,
Ian Hatton

CONTACT
Can’t find what you’re looking for?