TC8000 and capturing the middle button click event

// Expert user has replied.
P Patrick Cromie 3 years 5 months ago
4 3 0

I am currently developing an inventory application for the TC8000 running android 5.1.1 and I am trying to utilize the "Touch" button to submit an item. Does anyone know how to capture that event? I have tried to override the onKeyDown event but it is not firing when you press the button. Is this even a button I am able to utilize within my code?

Please Register or Login to post a reply

3 Replies

P Patrick Cromie

Ok so update time.
I used the Key Mapping Manager to change the Keycode of the "NAV_PAD" button to an "Enter" key. When I was capturing on my OnKeyDown event inside of my app, the only way that it fired was when I pressed and held the button for about 1 sec. It still has the same effect when I just regular press the button. Is there any way to change this?

P Pietro Francesco Maggi

Hi Patrick,
you take a look at TC8000's Integrator Guide on how to remap the PTT-Button to a different KeyCode that you can intercept:

https://www.zebra.com/content/dam/zebra_new_ia/en-us/manuals/mobile-com…

~Pietro

P Patrick Cromie

The PTT-Button is not the button that I was trying to reference. If you look at the guide that you just sent, the button I am trying to "Capture" is the "Touch" button or #5 on the front view of the TC8000.

CONTACT
Can’t find what you’re looking for?