Character delay problem (DataWedge, Android)

V Vladimir Mayorov 3 years 5 months ago
139 2 0

Hello,
I use two different models of Portable data terminal - МС32N0-SI2HCLE0A (on WM/CE) and tc200j-10C112A6 (Android 7.1.2).
On WM/CE device I've had problem with wrong characters being sent over to the remote desktop session, but setting "Inter Char Delay" in DataWedge profile solved this problem.
However on Android device setting a "Multi Byte Character Delay" in the "Keystroke Output" section (DataWedge 6.5.58, default profile) doesn’t work (tried delay from 100 to 1000 ms), but the other settings are working properly (for example, Line feed, prefix, suffix etc).
How can I solve this problem on Android device?

Please Register or Login to post a reply

2 Replies

M Matt Dermody

I have experienced the same issue with some RDP based applications that we have deployed in the past. I have found the same discrepancy in behavior between Multi-Byte Character Delay on Android and Intercharacter Delay on the legacy devices. I don't think DataWedge supports a true Intercharacter delay. Is this possibly a limitation of Android somehow, or is it possible for the Intercharacter delay to be re-introduced as a configurable option in the Android version?

V Vladimir Mayorov

Matt, thank you for sharing your experience.
Hope DataWedge developers will comment on this situation.

CONTACT
Can’t find what you’re looking for?