custom webview with browser print

M Mina Samy 3 years 5 months ago
47 1 0

I have webview that I want it to communicate with the browser print urgently but for some reason it doesn't read any data from browserprint.js/ browserprint.exe. I use windows with this custom java webview and I have latest browser print 2.1 installed on the windows 7 and zebra barcode label printer GX430T (USB).

Everything works in firefox and chrome but I need the webview to work.

Would love some help.

Please Register or Login to post a reply

1 Replies

D Dmitry Prokhorov

Hello Mina,

The root cause of your problem could bee  security restrictions or a deficiency of browser features in your java webview component. A webview component typically isn't a full-fledge browser. As you can see in BrowserPrint documentation it has support for following full-fledge browsers: Internet Explorer v11 or later, Chrome v51 or later, or Safari
Browser Print SDK | Link-OS | Zebra

As a solution you can try to use in your application a custom webview component that is based on Java Chromium Embedded Framework. See details here please:
1) chromiumembedded / cef  — Bitbucket
2) How to integrate Chromium Embedded Framework (CEF) with java - Stack Overflow
3) https://medium.com/@daniel.bischoff/integrating-chromium-as-a-web-rende…

It could not be guaranteed you will have some success but there definitely a chance. As another option you can implement your application as a server and use full-fledge browser to access it and to run BrowserPrint.

Dmitry Prokhorov
Software Engineer, Kutir Mobility
Posted on behalf of Zebra Technologies

CONTACT
Can’t find what you’re looking for?