Issue with Rho::Notification.showPopup

A Alpesh Budhia 3 years 5 months ago
0 1 0

We are experiencing issue with Rho::Notification.showPopup on android. The dialogs intermittently don't appear immediately when called, when they aren't displaying they might pop-up after 10 minutes or so.  Closing and reopening the app makes the Dialogs appear as required.

One thing I've noticed is when we have the issue the 'Show Notification' option for the app has became un-ticked. When I use the android monitor to view the debug info it says that notification message have been disabled by the user, this is when the dialog should appear. It's like the dialogs are trying to be shown as notifications.

This is causing a big problem as with are using a dialog to ask the user a question that depending on there answer will take them to a different page. If the dialog isn't appearing the user is stuck.

Example code:

Rho::Notification.showPopup({
                                    :message => 'Do you want to book return travel?',
                                    :title => 'Info',
                                    :icon => :info,
                                    :buttons => [{:id => 'yes', :title => 'Yes'}, {:id => 'no', :title => 'No'}]},
                                    url_for(:action => :navigate_return_travel, :id => @params['id'])
    )

We've had this issue in versions 2.2, 4.0 and 4.1 of Rhostudio.

Devices we've used
Samsung Galaxy S2 (android 4.1.1)
Samsung Galaxy S4
Toughshield R500+

Thanks

Please Register or Login to post a reply

1 Replies

M Michael Toews

Is there any other information you can provide on this issue? I have attempted to reproduce this on a Galaxy S4 but the popup comes up every time, even with notifications turned off for the app in question. I have also tried this on an TC55 (Motorola) which did not exhibit this issue either.

CONTACT
Can’t find what you’re looking for?